Monday, May 24, 2010

sand pail, beach ball & shovel

This was one of the most FUN cakes I have made in a while. I iced the beach pail in butter cream icing, then went back and cut out a bunch of polka dots. I added the rim around the pail and went to town. The beach ball was made from a six inch round ball pan and covered in fondant one strip at at time. At first I piped on the white trim between the colors but didn't like it. So i cut strips of white and it was perfect. I formed the shovel using a flower former. I wrote Happy Birthday Olivia on the handle then a big number two. There is a "2" on the ball as well as in the sand of the beach pail. The shells were made of bright colors to match the colors of the cake. Sand was added by using graham cracker crumbs! I am sure this was a tasty treat for all...

No comments:

Post a Comment